Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Spring is around the corner.

As I sit here at my newly purchased "titanic" of a desk, I anxiously await spring to finally arrive. We here in Helena have been teased and beaten into submission by good ol' Mom Natural. She recently gave us a tantalizing few days 45+ degree weather. T-SHIRTS ANYBODY? What happened today you ask? I look up from a computer and notice a bright, sun filled, snow shower getting in the way of my views of spring. Welcome to Montana. A place where the weather can change faster then Gov. Spitzer's job title.....sorry bad joke. Speaking of the Governor.....another time maybe. Back to Spring.
I think Mother dearest has locked Spring in a closet and gave the key to the ever mischievous Winter. Where is big brother Summer at? Spring needs freed! I have a yard to clean, flower beds to plant, garden spots to build, hikes to go on, barbeque's to cook, friends to hang with, a mountain bike to ride, daylight needing burned dammit! I like spending my time in the back yard with my little guy. Cramped in an office building is where I am imprisoned for 9 hrs a day. I need Spring to rejuvenate.....to play. Poetic isn't it? I see my life moving forward for my family and I. A good friend is having a great time. My decision to stay with the afore mentioned company panned out. Classes to become more learned are on the way. Relatives may be moving closer. Others moving farther away. Is this a bad thing? No not really. I just had my first Margarita of the season. Yummmmm! I sit here enthralled.
I am enthralled for my friends. I am optimistic in my job setting. I am definitely what my title says right now: 1 wife. 2 kids. Lovin' Life.
Only you can let yourself have a bad day. Go out there and make it a great one!

2 comments:

LaTech said...

Life IS good, as the miriad of posters, t-shirts, nalgene bottles and postcards say. I'm only beginning to embrace the joy that life really has...but damn it, I'm enjoying it. And isn't that what it's all about anyway?

LaTech said...

Define irony: You think you are on top of the world, and someone pulls the rug out from underneath you just two short days after you thought everything was fine. Gotta love that, eh?